We’ve been fixing and repairing cheap sliding doors for over 25 years and have some ideas for you to keep in mind if you are considering this option.
Pros of Cheap Sliding Doors
- They don’t cost a lot of money
- You can fit it into every budget
- They do the job, for a short amount of time
- Often they are lightweight and are easy to slide, initially
Cons of Cheap Sliding Doors
We are biased when it comes to the cons as we have to fix so many of these doors day in and day out.
But we also understand those budget constraints are real.
Unless you are born into a wealthy family, growing a family with a few kids is expensive.
So here are some of the challenges of cheap sliding doors:
- They need to be repaired more often
- The screws you see in the sides are low quality and break off easily.
- You will find the screws are not as long and the heads break off easily
- Once the screw is broken off, the shank of the screw stays in the door
- Many DIY sliding door repair people try and fix the sliding door but break the screws and they cannot fix it.
- Modern builders are always trying to cut costs, and sliding doors are an easy way to do this.
- The tracks are cheap and nasty and break quickly
- The rollers used in the door are brittle and tiny
- You will find the rollers are meant for lighter doors. They never use heavy duty rollers as it costs too much
Cheap sliding door repairs
As mentioned at the start, we do a lot of cheap sliding doors for repairs.
Cheap wardrobe doors
Now, you may find this funny, but we don’t have as much of a problem with cheap wardrobe sliding doors as we do aluminium sliding doors.
The reason for this is the weight of the door.
Most wardrobe sliding doors are light and have rollers that hang from the top.
Often, you can get quite a lot of wear and tear out of a cheaper wardrobe mirror sliding door without any issues.
If we repair wardrobe doors, we still put the highest quality rollers in as possible. We want your door to roll and last a long time.
What to look for in a cheap sliding door
There are some reasonably priced sliding door manufacturers in Sydney.
You want to see quality finishes around the side of the doors. You want to see screws that don’t look cheap and nasty.
Have a look under the door and lift it a little to see the quality and number of sliding door rollers.
Should you repair or replace a cheap sliding door
This is an excellent question and one we get asked a lot.
The truth is, it is always easier to repair a sliding door than it is to replace them.
When you deal with Adsafe Doors, we use the highest quality Australian rollers. We use double tandem rollers which can withstand the weight of your door
Click play on the video below to see our full explanation.
We will also repair your sliding door track so your door slides effortlessly, better than new.
You will be able to open and close your sliding door with one finger, guaranteed.
Get your sliding door repairs done here at the best price
We’d love to open the conversation with you and discuss your sliding door repair issues.
For more information or to request a quote, please Contact Us via the number below and speak to someone who can help you straight away for all your sliding door repairs.